Monday, November 16, 2009

Why won't my videos play on my PSP?

Every time I try to put a video that I made on my PSP, it will show up on my PSP under videos...but when I go to watch it, it says..."The Video Cannot Be Played"





This is only with videos I make...not with any others...such as a video I download off the internet. I have it in the correct format, MPEG-4





The camera I use to make videos makes the videos into quicktime format (.MOV), then I use a converter to change them to MPEG-4

Why won't my videos play on my PSP?
Two ideas:





have you updated the firmware since the last time you put videos on it?


if you did, then there is the issue. format your mem stick, and you will see that a new folder has been created called MP_ROOT


click it and youll see two more folders inside. stick the mp4 in one of them and try it, if it doesnt work in one folder, try the other.


if that still doesnt do it, what is the frame rate of the new videos? the psp can only handle 28.3 fps max, so if it is higher, or lower then 18.4 fps (dont quote me on the 18.4 fps, im not positive on the lowest frame rate), then it cant be played.





try those.


No comments:

Post a Comment