Monday, November 16, 2009

Problem with MPEG videos?

I've been having problems with MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4 videos in WMP11. When I play them, they will play, but I can't fast forward through them (Move the little slider on the bar in WMP11). Say like if I want to go from one minute, to 6 minutes, it freezes up and only plays audio, doesn't show video for the rest of the video. These are videos I record with my capture card, and other videos so it's not my capture card. I switched the output format to AVI and it gets to 3GB+ for a 3 or 4 minute video, so I don't like to use that, except when I use that it plays and fast forwards with no problem. There are other formats DVD, VCD, and SVCD, but I haven't tried those yet. I rather like the MPEG formats. Does anyone know why they are doing this, or how I can fix it? Is there a MPEG player I can download besides WMP11 that will work better with them?





Thanks for the help,


Matt

Problem with MPEG videos?
You can try this player:





http://www.videolan.org/vlc/





And you can also try xvid, divx3 and mpeg4 encoders (for much smaller files) when you make your avi files if you install this codec package:





http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-...


No comments:

Post a Comment