Monday, November 16, 2009

My webcam videos are HUGE (4GB video thats 4 min long), how can i make them smaller?

I made around 10 videos with my webcam (its built in to my toshiba laptop) and each video seems to be around a GB per minute. i like these videos and want to keep them, but they are taking up a rediculous amount of space on my computer. is there any free software out there that can perhaps convert them (they are .avi files) or do something to them to make them take up less space? or are there any alternative ways of allowing me to keep theses videos and yet get back some space on my computer?

My webcam videos are HUGE (4GB video thats 4 min long), how can i make them smaller?
AVI format causes the problem. Convert to mpg, so it will become 1MB/minute. Windows movie maker might a nice choice for u, it saves on wmv foramt which saves lots of disk space.
Reply:Reduce the resolution of these videos.


No comments:

Post a Comment