Thursday, November 19, 2009

When playing videos and music on my computer, they randomly slows down?

Hi, I have windows vista ultimate, and I make tons of videos. In November, I built a new pc, and it worked great! no problems (specs are at the bottem). Now I only have one problem, and to me this is a big problem. I make tons of videos, with my freinds, and sometimes for money. Im going to college for video in a year and a half, so I need to do as much now as possible. The problem is that all songs and videos on my computer randomly will slow down for 4-5 seconds, then continue as if it hadnt happend. I have no idea what the cause of this is. This did not happen until february, when I got windows vista. before installing it, I completly formated my harddrive, and installed vista ultimate (previously had windows xp pro).


Now I have no idea how to fix this problem. You now are probably wondering why I waited so long to say this, but I just finally had enough of it. I just put up with it for so long. It does not only slow down while watching and listenign to videos and music on my comp

When playing videos and music on my computer, they randomly slows down?
First of all, congrats on correctly installing Vista. Some people try to install it over XP. Good work.





Just curious... how much RAM do you have? Although they say you can get by with 1GB it's not recommended. 2GB is appropriate for Vista Ultimate. Check out www.PCWorld.com if you want proof.





This shortage of RAM could easily cause the lag when you play a song or video. Why? When you open the file your computer starts buffering the entire file. This buffer file goes into your RAM (not hard drive). It takes a few seconds to load the file and uses a fair amount of your RAM resources. For some reason it sounds like your computer is a little slow when it comes to buffering your files. A RAM increase is appropriate due to the enormous RAM requirement of Vista Ultimate.





Check out the PCWorld website for more in-depth advice. It's a great tool. Good luck!
Reply:I believe it may be the media player issue. I encountered something as such with itunes, I dunno why this happened but i got pissed and deleted it and started using windows media player. it was better and then when a new release came out for itunes i downloaded it and it worked fine again. Then again machines are machines xDD er.. if this is not the case maybe the audio card? hope i helped srry if i couldnt


No comments:

Post a Comment